Monday, August 9, 2010

File Converters

Thank you for this exercise- I'm sure it will come in handy!

Having battled initially, (some instructions seem to be missing from the beginning of the exercise!), I managed to download/upload(?) the document into Google docs.

However, although most of the information converted successfully, one must be aware that some formatting may be lost and images and graphics may change.

I was amazed that the table remained intact with the correct wording in the spaces, although the main heading italic font had changed. The bullet points had changed for the better, but the graphics had disappeared altogether.

I had thought originally that it would be the same as not being able to print documents at times.In this case, one would just copy the existing document, and paste it onto a word document. I then realised that this would only literally copy the document in order to print it out, not to enable the patron to print off a document that had been loaded in a different software format from a different pc.

No comments:

Post a Comment